LucidLivingMusic - Miracless

Just a few minutes ago, I was contacted via Twitter by a Persian-Canadian artist named Shirin Delsooz. She has a project called Lucid Living. Since I wasn't listening to any music at the time, I decided to listen to her new EP on her soundcloud account. As a fan of electro-pop acts like Delerium, Conjure One, and Balligomingo along with world artists like Azam Ali, it was a given I would take to Lucid Living's music like a duck to water. As I am listening to the EP again, I can't help but think of Aby Wolf's 2013 collaboration with Grant Lord on the brilliant Wolf Lords album. Shirin's vocals definitely reminded me quite a bit of Aby Wolf (local MN musician). I say that in a positive manner because I love that album, just as I love Miracless. Considering what I listen to on a daily basis, Shirin's music does help take that edge off. My favorite track has to be the instrumental track "Always Royal Mountain" which melds both modern electronic with traditional Persian folk melodies. "Let Me Sleep" is another great song too. It's a darker track. Definitely has an industrial edge to the song which I think would appeal to a lot of my readers. While most of the songs are more on the poppier side, the music is heavily synth-driven and equally enjoyable to listen to. Please do check out Shirin's music as well as her as an artist at her website.

Comments

Popular Posts